The Smiths

The Smiths

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Power - Outtage

Only not really. ComEd turned off my power. Long story short it's going to take three days for them to fix their mistake. That irritates me.

I am feeling so very strange right now. Life is moving forward so fast. I feel like I am missing what is happening. I want to enjoy this time. I want to NOT have to deal with everyone else telling me how I'm not doing things right. I want to have a slumber party with all of my friends where we can just be girly and ourselves and goof around.

The thing I hate most about the being engaged part is the words of "wisdom" or cynical commentary from the self-proclaimed "old married ladies", aka girls between the age of 19-24 who have been married between 6 months and 3 years. They say things like "Yeah, you think it's cute that he does that now..." or "That loses it's novelty" or things like that. I'd like to walk around with a little laminated card that says "I realize that as someone who has been married for all of three years now you have the market cornered on wifely wisdom and understanding and have reached a transcendental plain that I might never reach and so you are kindly bestowing me with that wisdom in an effort to prepare me the mediocrity and commonplace bore that marriage really truly is [for you]. But you could actually do me a favor and keep it to yourself. Just because you have fallen prey to that most worldly of ideas that marriage just ends up being another burden or inconvenience does not mean that I ever will, and thank you kindly for not poisoning my mind going into it."

I am psychotically impatient to be Aaron's wife. I can't wait. :) God is amazing and crafted a man that is so absolutely perfect for me in ways I didn't even think to hope for. There will be hard times, I know that. It's not always going to be blissful and perfect. But that doesn't change the fact that it will always be right, and not a day is going to go by that I don't remind myself how insanely blessed I am to have Aaron in my life, not a day will go by that I won't thank God. Not a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment