The Smiths

The Smiths

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

grim resolve

One of the reasons I wanted to do this whole 40 consecutive days thing is because I need to work on my self-discipline. I've never been very good at disciplining myself. And I am still not. Perhaps I bit off more than I could chew with this particular commitment. I've definitely had trouble following through. I have goals!! I need to do something to help get started on them because the whole point was strengthening my self-discipline. I think that one of my problems is that I go FULL THROTTLE when I set a goal for myself and am extremely hard on myself when I fall short of that goal. I need to work, build this characteristic, not just decide I have it and expect myself to comply with these standards. I have poor discipline. The way to change that is NOT to just expect it to be different magically one morning. It will require working towards it, building it.

SO. Starting today I am rewriting my plans. Here are some of my current Goals as of today:

1. ONE HOUR A DAY WITH GOD
2. 30 MINUTES A DAY EXERCISING
3. CUT MY SUGAR INTAKE BY HALF
4. DRINK MORE WATER
5. MAINTAIN ORGANIZATION AT HOME/WORK
6. CUT FACEBOOK TIME BY HALF

(don't laugh at that last one, it's a problem)

These are things about myself that I would like to change. I am going to start slowly. I am going to mark off each day that I achieve these things and each day that I don't. At the end of the week I will look back and see how often I was able to keep myself on track and how often I missed the mark. Then I will try again the next week. Hopefully at the end of a few months I will see some improvement. Please pray for me. I have burdens in my heart for myself...there is a lot I'd like to change, ways I know that I am that I know keep me from God.

Today marks a change.

I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment