The Smiths

The Smiths

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

This Is The Day

YAY!!! This morning I got up at 6:30 and sat on my patio with a cup of coffee, my Bible, and my notebook and spent some time listening to the rain and being with the Lord. I'm annoyed that this is cause for celebration, it should be an everyday occurrence. I did not get my full hour in but I didn't anticipate I would. Instead I did a half hour this morning and plan to do a half hour before I go to sleep. This is not what I would prefer, but I need to start somewhere with this consecutive 40-day thing. Splitting my time is good for today. Tomorrow I will work on getting up at 6!!

One of the things I hope to in the next 40 days is work on some of the spiritual areas of my life that I need improvement on. One of which is my attitude. I wouldn't say I have a bad attitude necessarilly. But I can. To be more specific I have a selective GOOD attitude. I need to work on being a joyful spirit and testiment to the Lord everywhere to everyone. And so this morning Part of my prayer was asking the Lord to make me joyful and to give me a good attitude everywhere no matter what.

This morning has been rough. And I could feel myself getting annoyed and irritated. I found myself alone in my office working up a good resentment and realized I was humming. Turns out I was humming this:

This is the day, this is the day
that the Lord has made, that the Lord has made.
I will rejoice, I will rejoice
and be glad in it, and be glad in it.
This is the day that the Lord has made,
I will rejoice and be glad in it.
OH!
This is the day, this is the day
that the Lord-has-made.

I was like "Whaaaa??? This crappy, gray day where I am stuck at work (and it's going to be a humdinger of a work day!!). THIS is the day the Lord has made??! I will rejoice and be glad in it!?!?! UGH.!!!" But then I remembered what I had just (not three hours ago) been praying for. A better attitude. A joyful spirit. I started to laugh.

This IS the day that the Lord has made. Sometimes we just need to be reminded.

:)



No comments:

Post a Comment