The Smiths

The Smiths

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Rhyming

Old poetry is the best. I used to write a lot, I don't as much any more....

I copy and pasted this from an old livejournal post (oh livejournal, how irrelevant). I didn't change anything, but for the record, I always did poems in lowecase letters. I felt it gave me more cred....I was young and silly.

he once held a sword
now all he holds is a string
and he organ grinds music
and for extra will sing
about the days of the war
and his love for his King
but its just cause you paid him
it don't mean a thing

theres a book of old stories
that sits in his pack
and he swears that he loves it
but his passions gone black
the last time he touched it
his heart was intact
now its just too much work
to bring those memories back

so he just sits and swears
that his love wont grow cold
that his motives are pure
that his King stands alone
they pray that its true
the family waiting back home
and they look to the day
when the running gets old.

No comments:

Post a Comment