The Smiths

The Smiths

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

**UPDATE**

Honestly I thought my next update would be more New Years slash my goals oriented, but then I realized I hadn't really explained the latest on the baby stuff. SO.

It's not preeclampsia. Well, not yet anyway. Despite the highest blood pressure yet, the doctor said that all the tests came back good and showed no signs of preeclampsia or the damage it can cause, she said that this means the high blood pressure is just hypertension. I kind of breathed a sigh of relief and said good. The doctor looked at me. So I said "Not good?" and she said "Essentially the same thing." (Uhm. Why do you have different names for it if it's the same thing?) She told us that hypertension is pre-preeclampsia and that if I was having blood pressure issues that early on (at that time I was about 21 weeks) then I would most likely become preeclampsic during the course of my pregnancy and would probably end up on bed rest. Awesome. So since that appointment I have been taking my blood pressure three times a day (with this fancy little wrist devise) and sticking to the regimen of baby aspirin and lovenox. Over the last two weeks my blood pressure has only spiked as high as at the doctors once, but otherwise it's stayed relatively calm. Not good but not worse. Yesterday was another doctors appointment (due to all this fun stuff I'm in every two weeks now) and the doctor told us that although my blood pressure is still higher than it should be it's not high enough that she feels like medication is necessary. I'm supposed to keep monitoring everything and until things get worse we're in a holding patten. She reiterated that I will most likely end up on bed rest before the end of the pregnancy and told me that I should talk with my boss now and let her know that this is coming, she also told me that I should be doing no overtime at work (gee, that's sad). Today I go back in real quick for an ultrasound, I don't totally know why she didn't just do it yesterday....regardless she said that with high blood pressure it's really important to watch that the baby is developing normally since these issues can often lead to underdevelopment, size wise. I'm excited because we haven't seen the baby since 19 weeks and now I am 24...I expect like a little face to be making googley eyes at me!! :)

I'll post the picture tomorrow so you can all see him too!

In other brief and succinct news: People have been so sweet and generous. One of my youth group girls bought me a Linus blanket, like from Peanuts. It's so soft and adorable. And my Aunt Cathy made a blanket that has a little hood on it and it too is SOOOOO soft and adorable. And a girl at my work wants to give me her bouncy chair. Apparently her babies didn't really dig it and so it never got used. Woohoo!!

Also, this Saturday is my first free day since before Christmas. No obligations, no people, no distractions. So I am planning some major overhaul. I really hope I live up to the expectation of productivity I am setting up....it's just that if I do end up on bed rest it will make me crazy that I didn't get the cleaning/purging done that I want to do. I have a feeling I will not be very good at bed rest...I'm not the most medically compliant person.....

Anyway. I am being positive and hopeful and thinking that maybe I just don't even have to end up doing bed rest or early inducing or any of that stuff. Hopeful or naive?

No comments:

Post a Comment